- Chat nicely
- Any form of rude, inappropriate, or profane language, is not permitted in game or other Pirates Online communication medium.
- No cheating
- Any form of cheating, exploiting, or use of third party programs is not allowed. If you find an exploit, report it by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Privacy matters
- In The Legend of Pirates Online, nobody needs to know anything about you, aside from the fact that you're a pirate. Do not share any personal information about yourself - especially phone numbers, home addresses, and your account username or password. If somebody asks about this information, just nicely say "Sorry, I can't" and report this player for requesting personal information.
- Be a considerate person
- Any form of spam, harassment, or making others feel upset or uncomfortable, will most likely result in a warning by a staff member. If this behaviour persists, the staff will escalate the issue and harsher consequences will be given.
- No personally identifiable information. For example: Your location.
- No "username" looking names. For example: gennam64.
- No celebrities, bands, or sports teams.
- No names of major public figures. For example: President Trump.
- No names of criminals.
- No copyrights or TM brands.
- No Disney characters or other cartoon characters.
- No names from any source of media or entertainment material.
- No exact characters from the Pirates movies (explicit or implied), and no mixing of exact character names. For example: Elizabeth Turner, William Sparrow.
- Names must be 4 words maximum, have at least three letters, contain a vowel, and must not be a single letter name.
- No names that imply that you're a Disney or TLOPO employee. For example: TLOPO Developer Danny, Mike Wass.
- Single-word names cannot be multiple words merged together.
- If you have a first name and last name, last names can be a merge of 2 words.
- No inappropriate mixed case or all caps. For example: JoePirate, joEpiRAte, JOEPIRATE.
- No spoonerisms for any of these rules. For example: Squarebob Spongepants.
- No backwards spellings for any of these rules. For example: Worraps Kcaj
- No numbers (digits or spelled out). For example: PirateEightTwentyFour, Pirate645
- No empty names or all whitespace.
- No L33t-5p34K or ascii. For example: J4CK 5P4RR0W, :D, :(
- No web sites. For example: Disney.com, piratesonline.co.
- No foul, violent, hateful or suggestive language.
- No references to anything that is illegal or not family friendly.
- No explicit religious references.
- Names not in English are allowed, but must adhere to these rules.
- Periods, apostrophes, and hyphens are the only punctuation/symbols allowed, but must be separated by a letter. For example: Joe's Pirate, Pirate-Anne, Mr. Awesome.
- No described relationships. For example: Alvin Freckle's Mom, Thaddeus Plunderweather's Friend, Father, Mother.
- Guilds: Appropriate phrases are allowed: “The Plundering Pirates"
- Guilds: No names of gangs.
- Guilds: No names of people. For example, “Maddie” is not allowed but “Maddie’s Pirates” is.
Terms of Service
Terms of Service ("Terms")
Last updated: 9/9/2017
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms") carefully before using the website, application, and other services ("Service," "Services") operated by The Legend of Pirates Online ("us," "we," "our").
Your access to and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who access or use the Services, including guest parties using another user’s account.
The Legend of Pirates Online ("TLOPO") is a fan-made recreation of The Walt Disney Company’s Pirates of the Caribbean Online. By using TLOPO, you certify that you understand that TLOPO is not associated with The Walt Disney Company and/or Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (or the affiliates of either party) and that you release The Walt Disney Company from any and all liability for any personal loss caused to you by the use of TLOPO.
TLOPO will never charge a fee, subscription, or any other form of monetary value to have access to the full game’s experience. Anyone who tries to charge for anything related to TLOPO is a scam, and any loss or damage accrued by use of such services is the responsibility of the user and not TLOPO. In the event that a user is scammed by a third-party, TLOPO will not give any compensation for any loss or damage accrued.
TLOPO reserves the right to read all messages of any type that are sent across our network.
TLOPO reserves the right to change these rules with or without notice.
TLOPO reserves the right to restrict and/or terminate your access to our servers without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. Possible reasons for restriction or termination include, but are not limited to:
- Abusing any of TLOPO’s social media or email services in any way.
- Attempting to compromise TLOPO's computer systems.
- Attempting to compromise TLOPO's servers.
- Connecting unofficial or custom clients to TLOPO's servers.
- Disrespecting, harassing, or spamming others.
- Disrespecting, harassing, or spamming TLOPO Staff (including QA Testers) or Pirates Forums Staff.
- Disrupting another player’s experience.
- Distributing spyware, malware, keyloggers, or other malicious software to members of the TLOPO community.
- Exploiting a bug in TLOPO to gain an advantage over other players.
- Impersonating TLOPO Staff (including QA Testers) or Pirates Forums Staff.
- Intentionally evading chat filters with inappropriate intent.
- Personal information may not be shared unless it is clear that all parties involved have consented. The player assumes
- responsibility for any consequences they encounter if they share their own personal information. Sharing another player’s personally identifiable information will not be tolerated.
- Submitting inappropriate names or site comments for review.
- Trolling others, especially in ways that can damage their account, characters, or computer systems.
- Usage of inappropriate innuendos through chat or emote usage, and any other form of inappropriate or suggestive language.
- Usage of third-party software to modify the game.
- Using automation systems or tools to control the game.
In the event where a user is locked out of their account, TLOPO will always side with the account owner. Each TLOPO account has an "account owner," defined as the person who is able to communicate over email with TLOPO with the exact email address associated with the account.
In the event that the account owner chooses to share their login information with another person or another person controls a session of the game initiated with the account owner's knowledge, the account owner will be held liable for any violations of the Terms of Service and General Rules. Additionally, logging into another player’s account is done at your own risk and you accept any and all adverse actions that may be taken on your account as a result.
In the event that a character is deleted from an account, the deletion is final. Whether done with the account owner’s knowledge or not, there is no method of recovery for any kind of character deletion.
In the event where an account is suspended, terminated, or restricted, we reserve the right to take the same actions upon all accounts associated with the terminated account.
In the event where an account is suspended, terminated, or restricted, the account owner may appeal the suspension, termination, or restrictions by emailing TLOPO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anything you write may be used as evidence against you in an appeal.