The Pirates' Code
- Treat others with respect
- Everyone deserves to be treated nicely. If somebody isn't being nice, file a report against them.
- Chat nicely
- Any form of rude, inappropriate, or profane language, is not permitted in game or other Pirates Online communication medium.
- No cheating
- Any form of cheating, exploiting, or use of third party programs is not allowed. If you find an exploit, report it by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Privacy matters
- In The Legend of Pirates Online, nobody needs to know anything about you, aside from the fact that you're a pirate. Do not share any personal information about yourself - especially phone numbers, home addresses, and your account username or password. If somebody asks about this information, just nicely say "Sorry, I can't".
- Be a considerate person
- Any form of spam, harassment, or making others feel upset or uncomfortable, will most likely result in a warning by a staff member. If this behaviour persists, the staff will escalate the issue and harsher consequences will be given.
No copyrighted names
No personally identifiable information. For example, you can't use your own name.
No inappropriate mixed case. For example: Neither JoePirate nor joEpiRAte. But Joe McPirate is okay.
No exact characters from the Pirates movies and no mixing of exact character names. For example: Elizabeth Turner, William Sparrow.
No Disney characters or other cartoon characters.
No foul language.
Names must be at least three letters.
No names that imply that you're a Disney or TLOPO employee.
No non-English words.
No religious names.
No references to anything illegal.
No names can be the names of major public figures. For example, President Obama.
Periods and Dashes are the only punctuation/symbols allowed, but must be separated by a letter. For example, Joe's Pirate and Pirate-Anne.
Terms of Service
By using The Legend of Pirates Online, you certify that you understand that The Legend of Pirates Online is not associated with The Walt Disney Company and/or the Disney Interactive Media Group, and that you release The Walt Disney Company from any and all liability for any personal loss caused to you by the use of The Legend of Pirates Online.
The Legend of Pirates Online or TLOPO for short is a free ongoing fan-made recreation of Disney's now-closed MMO, Pirates of the Caribbean Online. The purpose of this project is to "revive" the game, using what original files we have, making the game work exactly as it was before the game's closure on September 19th, 2013. All changes from the original (with few exceptions), whether it be adding unreleased content, re-adding content/features which was once apart of the game and later removed, or creating brand new content & features will all be handled after our "full" release as a post-closure community server (after alpha and beta stages).
TLOPO will never charge a fee, subscription, or any other form of monetary value to have access to the full games experience. Anyone who tries to charge for anything related to TLOPO is a scam, and any loss or damage accrued by use of such services is the responsibility of the user and not TLOPO.
TLOPO reserves the right to terminate your access to our servers at any time, for any reason. These reasons include but are not limited to:
- Usage of cursing, inappropriate innuendos or any other form of inappropriate language.
- Submitting inappropriate names for review.
- Sending inappropriate emails to TLOPO.
- Disrespecting, harassing or spamming others.
- Disrespecting, harassing or spamming TLOPO staff.
- Intentionally evading chat filters
- Intentionally disrupting another players experience.
- Usage of third-party software to modify the game.
- Using automation systems or tools to control the game
- Attempting to compromise TLOPO's computer systems.
- Attempting to compromise TLOPO's servers.
- Connecting unofficial or custom clients to TLOPO's servers.
- Distributing spyware, malware, keyloggers, or other malicious software to members of the TLOPO community.
- Excessively exploiting a bug in TLOPO to gain an advantage over other players or to harm other players experience.
- Sharing location, addresses, phone numbers, account information or any other form of personal information.
- Requesting location, addresses, phone numbers, account information or any other form of personal information from others.
In the event where a user is locked out of their account, TLOPO will always side with the account owner. Each TLOPO account has an "account owner", defined by the person who is able to communicate over email with TLOPO with the exact email address associated with your account.
In the event that the account owner chooses to share their login information with another person or another person controls a session of the game initiated with the account owner's knowledge, the account owner will be held liable for any violations of the Terms of Service and General Rules.
In the event where an account is suspended, terminated, or restricted, we reserve the right to take the same actions upon all accounts sharing an IP address.
In the event where an account is suspended, terminated, or restricted, the account owner may appeal the suspension, termination, or restrictions by emailing TLOPO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anything you write may be used as evidence against you in an appeal.
TLOPO reserves the right to read all messages of any type that are sent across our network.
TLOPO reserves the right to change these rules with or without notice.